Esmee Fairbairn - Food Strand
Esmee Fairbairn Foundation has launched its new food strand. Esmee will offer total funding of £5m over a period of three years and is inviting applications from organisations focused on understanding and investigating the critical role that food plays in wellbeing and the interplay between food, sustainability and poverty.
The food strand is open to both large-scale strategic or policy-led interventions and organisations working on innovative local projects. The strand is now open for applications and will operate until at least the end of 2015.
They will support work that:
- delivers high quality, innovative local food projects, particularly those that can become financially sustainable and are replicable.
- establishes closer links between NGOs, community groups, producers, retailers and industry in order to create more coherent food sector.
- improves people's understanding of the place that food plays in our lives and shows the role that access to good quality food can have on wellbeing.
- leads to the prioritisation of sustainable food production and consumption in local and national policy, practice and decision-making.
- increases demand for better quality food from sustainable sources, for example, through changes to public procurement.
- Applications may respond to more than one of the above.
Application Form: Take the on-line eligibility quiz first then apply using the on-line system available on the website below
Deadline: Applications can be submitted at anytime
Contact: email@example.com or 020 7812 3700