Thirsk and Northallerton: 37.5 hours per week. Salary: £25,350 per annum pro rata
Whitby: 20 hours per week. Salary: £25,350 per annum pro rata
Scarborough: 20 hours per week. Salary: £25,350 per annum pro rata
North Yorkshire Youth is the modern face of a youth association dating back to 1941, and today our mission remains that of our founders – to provide learning and personal development opportunities for children and young people.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals with experience of managing caseloads and youth work delivery experience to join our Youth Development Team.
Funded by Community Fund Reaching Communities, England, the purpose of this work is to:
- Build self-esteem and self confidence in young people
- Improve life chances of those young people at risk of multiple poor outcomes
- Reduce Anti-Social Behaviour in the community and improve community relationships
- Facilitate young people’s learning and their personal and social development
- Respond to individual and group needs
- Increase social action by young people within their community
- Encourage a positive group atmosphere
- Build the capacity of young people to consider risk, make reasoned decisions and take control
- Build resilience and maintain progression
- To signpost young people appropriately
- To work closely with parents/carers (where appropriate) to increase positive outcomes for young people
- To work closely with other organisations to increase positive outcomes for young people
- To engage positively with young people
For a discussion about this opportunity, please call Clare Yates on 01845 522 145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Wednesday 8th or Thursday 9th April 2020 at Carlton Lodge Activity Centre.
Closing Date: 5pm Tuesday 31st March 2020.